Press Brake Setter / Operator
Location Guelph, ON Canada
Schedule Mon-Fri; 7:00am-3:30pm
This is an exciting opportunity to join a skilled team manufacturing our growing line up of high tech products and assemblies. Working with state-of-the-art Amada touch screen press brakes including Automatic Tool Changers (ATC), you will use your press brake set-up and trouble shooting skills to set-up the machines, verify first run parts and operate for low to medium volume production.
- Set-up tooling according to embedded offline programs and origin machines.
- Form first off parts according to programs and engineered drawings.
- Inspect form lengths and angles utilizing height gauges, Vernier calipers, and protractors.
- Adjust program parameters for part accuracy utilizing Amada Bend-CAM touch screen software.
- Calibrate press brakes using precision tooling and calibration equipment.
- Ensure part quality and keep track of production quantities to report completion data.
- 5+ years of CNC press brake operating, set-up, and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Amada FBD press brakes is a strong asset.
- Blue print reading knowledge and experience.
- Comfortable using Verner calipers, height gauges, and protractors for precision measurements.
- Mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and team oriented.