Location Guelph, ON Canada
Schedule Mon-Fri; 7:00am-3:30pm
We are looking to hire a talented Screen Printer with an eye for detail to oversee our company’s Screen Printing and Pad printing process on metal parts. As a Screen Printer, you will be responsible for mixing the correct ink colors, loading the screen onto the printer, producing the final printed articles, and cleaning the machine after each batch. You may also be required to dry and fold the final printed articles before they are packaged and sent to the customer.
To ensure success as a Screen Printer on metal parts, you should exhibit advanced artistic skills, be comfortable with manual labor, and have excellent hand-eye coordination to meet the customer’s specifications.
- Receiving work order jobs for Screen Printing and Pad Printing.
- Examining work orders to determine estimated printing times, ink, and material quantities.
- Selecting screen size, degreasing agents and emulsion coatings.
- Loading screen into printer.
- Installing and repositioning screen printing and pad printing plates and pressure roles.
- Calibrating printer before batch is printed.
- Running prints and performing quality checks throughout the printing process.
- Troubleshooting problems as they arise.
- Drying, folding, and packing completed articles after the run.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school diploma.
- Previous work experience as a Screen Printer.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- High level of creative and artistic skills.
- Ability to work with ink and chemicals every day.
- Ability to manually operate large machinery.
- Ability to work alone for long shifts.
- Ability to work nights if required.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a member of a team.