Reception Office Administrator
Location Guelph, ON Canada
Schedule Mon-Fri; 8:00am-4:30pm
Reporting directly to the HRBP, you will be responsible for managing reception duties while performing administrative and accounting work.
- Professionally greet customers, suppliers and other visitors in person and on the telephone. Notify associates of their visitors.
- Answer multi-line telephone system and redirect callers to correct extensions, voicemail, cell phone and/or ensure messages are delivered to recipient on a timely basis.
- Welcome interviewees and provide required forms
- Maintain MSDS Sheets
- Maintain appropriate inventory of office supplies, safety supplies and MRO items and re-order as required.
- Prepare outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and faxes on a daily basis.
- Print invoices on a daily basis and match to appropriate packing slips. Follow up with shipping regarding any missing packing slips.
- Mail original invoice and file copy on a daily basis.
- Prepare daily deposits and enter customer payments into Quickbooks after verifying accuracy of all discounts and debits.
- Backup Accounts Payable support.
- Provide general administrative support to Engineering including logging customer drawings.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2- 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Calm, pleasant and professional in attitude.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to handle a high volume of transactions within deadlines.
- Focus on teamwork with enthusiasm and a positive attitude as well as the initiative to work independently.
- Willingness to take on a wide range of responsibilities and be comfortable with a variety of tasks
- Career minded and self-motivated
- Valid driver’s license/vehicle required for occasional errands
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; experience with Quickbooks is an asset
- Understanding of principles of accounting; some post secondary education in accounting an asset
- College diploma or equivalent work experience.
We thank you for your interest in working for Melitron. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Melitron is an equal employment opportunity employer. If you require a specific accommodation, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process.