Technical Costing Coordinator
Location Guelph, ON Canada
Schedule Mon-Fri; 8:00am-4:30pm
Our rapidly growing business requires smart people to support and sustain our ever changing and expanding manufacturing environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading-edge company. As a Technical Costing Coordinator, you will be responsible for maintaining and communicating pricing lists, assist the sales team in the efficient use of pricing tools, develop and maintain strong relationships with functional areas such as Sales, Costing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Customer Service and Participating in our Quoting process for new business.
- Act as secondary contact with new and existing customers, quoting new business, and engineering change requests from customers.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations by analyzing provided blueprints and specifications.
- The position will involve the quotation of weld fixtures, check fixtures, sheet metal parts, wire harnesses and complex electrical assemblies.
- Initiate, prepare and develop technical estimates in conjunction with engineering and purchasing.
- Obtain required approvals for estimates.
- Provide customer follow up and initiate any further required development resulting from customer feedback.
- Produce reports on quote activity and success ratios.
- Participate in document control process.
- Develop and improve estimation methods and procedures related to quotes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Engineering.
- 3 Years’ Experience in manufacturing setting
- Ability to read drawings.
- Good organizational skills and time management.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional.
- Knowledge of computerized business systems.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers.
- Familiar with ISO 9001.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a member of a team.